January 8th, 2019, Waltham, MA; Andy Prosser is the fourth GPS staff member to be included on our Behind the Badge series.
Andy has been with GPS for over a decade, joining in 2007, and currently serves as the club's National Premier Director.
This series is being carried out in order to help our ever growing community of players, parents and coaches connect better with the club.
By giving you an inside look at some of the personalities that make GPS tick we hope to further help you see GPS as YOUR club.
- What is your current role with Global Premier Soccer? GPS National Premier Director
- When did you join GPS? February 2007
- What prompted your move to the USA? I first spent 18 months over two spells in NJ with another organization prior to coming to Boston with GPS, Mass Premier Soccer at the time. My drive was to spend time in another country, gain experience coaching and to live away from home.
- What do you enjoy most about your job? The people I work with, I enjoy being surrounded by like-minded people day in day out which has now produced some of my closest friends.
- What are some of your biggest highlights with the club? Taking away on-field success/individual player success, I would say being involved in a club who are ambitious, but have allowed me to develop as a Coach, a Sports Management Executive and as a Person. While the club provides many platforms to grow within this industry it also provides a family feel where we are driven together both on and off the field.
- If you hadn’t come to work at GPS what do you think you would be doing? Probably working on a building site and praying for the weekend to watch Southampton FC!!!